5 Things to Consider When Buying a Mattress Online
1. Make sure there is an in-home and risk-free trial periodOne of the major benefits of buying online is you can usually try the mattress out in your own home. This is even better than trying out mattresses in a showroom since you’ll have the opportunity to actually sleep on it, as opposed to merely trying it out for a few minutes. Not only is it hard to get a good feel for a mattress in a few minutes, but it’s even harder when there are salespeople lingering nearby trying to pressure you into buying.It can take about 3 weeks to get used to your new mattress. Firstly, a new mattress of any kind will have many factors that could impact comfort, including how much it holds on to heat, if it’s designed for your sleep style, and whether you can feel motion transfer from your partner. And secondly, if you are switching from a traditional spring mattress, your body may not have been getting the proper support. Foam is designed to respond to your body and alleviate pressure points, but if you’re not used to that feeling, you may need some time to adjust to the new more supportive feeling.In summary, make sure your trial period is at least 30 days long. But ideally, a trial period should be 90-100 days so you can make sure you love your new mattress.
2. Determine what makes the mattress unique and if that suits your needsWith many online mattress companies popping up, it can be hard to tell the difference between all the companies and which one produces the best bed-in-a-box. Although ultimately you’ll get to sleep on the mattress and try it out for yourself, read up on what makes that particular online mattress unique and decide if that’s what you’re looking for.A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- How firm or soft you prefer your mattress to be
- Whether you sleep hot (traditional memory foam holds onto heat, so you may want to avoid this material)
- How much the mattress prevents motion transfer, especially if you sleep with a partner
The Endy Mattress is made from proprietary Endy Comfort Foam. Our unique foam uses open-cell structure to provide the perfect balance of comfort and support, control sleep temperature, relieve pressure, and eliminate motion transferLearn more about open-cell foam